Monday, December 23, 2019 / by Callie O'Brien
The holiday season is full of traditions, the best of which often revolving food. Here are a few of our offices' favorite holiday recipes!
Mexican Wedding Cookies
READY IN: 45mins
YIELD: 3 dozen
cup butter, softened
cup powdered sugar
cups sifted flour
cup chopped walnutsor 3/4 cup pecans
powdered sugar (for rolling baked cookies in)
Cream together butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy; stir in vanilla.
Whisk together flour and salt; add gradually to butter mixture; stir in chopped nuts.
Chill dough if it seems too soft.
Form dough into 1 1/4" balls and place onto parchment-lined or ungreased baking sheets.
Bake at 400° for 10- ...
Wednesday, October 16, 2019 / by Callie O'Brien
· Mulled Spices (Can be bought pre-packed or get Creative! Things like Cloves, Cinnamon, Orange peels, and Vanilla are perfect for mulled wine!)
· Your Choice of Red or White Wine (We have found that wines with their own touch of spice or fruit best compliment this recipe)
· Brandy (or other brown liquors)
1. In a large pot, add the amount of wine that you intend to serve and let it heat up slowly (no boiling) just until it starts to steam.
2. Add your spices and let them steep, similarly to a tea bag in water. (If you don’t want to worry about chunks of cloves or cinnamon floating around in your drink, use a couple loose-leaf tea strainers! They make it easy to serve, drink, and clean up).
3. After steeping for a minimum of 6 minutes, add the Brandy to taste then e ...